Over time the dirt and grime in your kitchen builds up. Bring the love and sparkles back into your kitchen!
1. Stainless Steel Sink: Sprinkle some baking soda evenly across the sink and start scrubbing with a slightly wet sponge. Don’t forget to scrub the drainer too!
2. The Oven: Create a paste by combine baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the bottom and sides of the oven. Close the oven door and leave overnight. In the morning, grab a spatula and start scraping the paste off. Slightly wet the paste if needed and finish off by rinsing the oven with water.
3. Cook Tops: Place the gas burners into a sealed bag with 1/4 cup of ammonia. Place the sealed bag onto a cookie sheet and place it on the porch overnight. In the morning, rinse the burners in warm soapy water.
4. Dishwasher: Begin by removing the dishwasher filter and soaking it in warm soapy water for 10 minutes. One cleaned, place it back into the dishwasher. Add one cup of vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher and use the heavy cleaning cycle.
5. Microwave: Fill two cups with water and lemon slices or lemon juice. Place into the microwave for 3 minutes. Then let it sit for a further 5 minutes to steam and loosen the grime inside. Now remove the two cups, and wipe down the grime with a wet cloth.
6. Fridge: Remove all the food & shelves from the fridge. Wash the shelves in the kitchen with hot water and baking soda. Fill a bucket with hot water and baking soda and with a sponge, clean the interior of the fridge. Using soap will leave a scent in your fridge and it may affect your food.
7. Trashcan: Hose down the trashcan outside and sprinkle a few teaspoons of baking soda in the bottom. This will keep the can from smelling and then line it with a new bin bag.
Repeat this process every two months to keep your kitchen clean and smelling fresh!