Standard Strata By-Laws
For all ‘Strata Titled’ apartment, unit, commercial, light industrial or townhouse complexes, there are rules which need to be adhered to. This is largely due to two reasons:
- Residents (tenants and owner occupiers) have a right to quiet enjoyment of their property at all times; and
- The building is maintained to an agreed standard ensuring resale and rental values aren’t impacted and the building presents well.
These rules can be found in the ‘Management Statement’ for your complex/building. Please ask your Strata Manager for a copy if you cannot locate your copy.
As a guide only we have attached the standard Strata By-laws known as Schedule 1 & 2 By-laws. You can download this here.
Information in Schedule 1 includes –
- Election of Council of Owners group (their heir instructions and roles)
- Strata Companies powers and duties
- No painting of external surfaces of the building
- General Meetings rules – Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Extraordinary General meetings (EGM)
- Utility payments
Information in Schedule 2 includes –
- House Rules
- Behaviour of occupants and their guests
- Children playing on common property areas
- Appearance of apartment/unit or townhouse